Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dr. Perkins breakfast with the kids


dr perkins
Originally uploaded by phillymasts.
We were blessed to have Dr. Perkins, one of our heroes of the faith, stay with us for a weekend this March. It was an awesome experience. He is 'famous' in christian circles, yet humble. He is a man of great wisdom, that dropped out of school in third grade. He is 76 years old, but he would read his bible with us at breakfast and be fired up (and preachin')by 7am. He has suffered much for the kingdom, and yet is full of joy. I don't think we will grasp the impact he has had until we reach heaven. I was asked to introduce him for the conference. As I regflected on this I realized what an impact he has had on my life. His teaching of the three R's was highly influential in the purchase of our house and the neighborhood we live in. His ministry in MS caused me to re-evaluate my life and change my entire career path...and best of all, my wife and I became really good 'friends' at a ministry he helped start in Canton, MS (we even got engaged there :>)).

I think what the prophet Jeremiah said of King Josiah applies to him as well; "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me declares the Lord?" Dr. Perkins is a man who knows and loves and lives for his savior, Jesus Christ.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming! :-)

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home